Montag, Februar 11, 2013

Clean Monday

Today is Clean Monday. when the orthodox start their lenten season: Leaving behind of sinful attitudes and non-fasting foods. They also clean their home.  I like that.
Christians are called upon to begin the holy season with “clean hearts and good intentions. They should clean up their spiritual house, coming to terms with their lives and rededicating themselves to a more holy and righteous way of living.
For me: I'll confess my sins and ask for forgiveness today and start cleaning the house tonight, which is difficult in my place. I'll decided to take some pictures to see the progress in the future.
I'll also start eating lighter meals.
The Lord will give me strength.
Here are my goals:  I'm observing lent out of concern for my spiritual health and not physical. These are my main goals:
1. LIVING LIKE JESUS: Praying a lot and sharing the gospel. Reflection and repentance. Studying God's word. Doing an unselfish deed for someone else e
ach day.
2. Giving up: WATCHING TV. I guess my biggest sacrifice. And I'm still undecided if I follow it on Sundays or not.  I'll probably hang a cloth on the screen.
3. Nutrition: I don't believe in physical fasting so I decided to eat healthier (more fruits and salads) and lighter meals. And to drink more water. But I'll restrain from SWEETS and CHOCOLATE.
4. DECLUTTERING: Clean as you go. I started a clutter plan today.
I choose following verses:
Apg 3:19 So tut nun Buße und bekehrt euch, dass eure Sünden getilgt werden.
Acts 3:19
 
Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord.
1. Peter 4:8 above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
 
  • had a light meal with fish at the canteen and afterwards 2 carnival donuts.
  • started the book: a journey to the cross

1 Kommentar:

  1. I will be fasting but no in the sense of giving up food everyday, sacrifice from meat on Wednesdays and Fridays and eat after Sun down on those days. I will restrict what foods I'm eating though... already have some beans and rice for this week!!

    AntwortenLöschen